Estate in Santa Barbara for Sale
Description About This Estate in Santa Barbara
The Estate in Santa Barbara, one of two significant historic estates remaining in the prime Montecito “Golden Quadrangle” commanding approximately 10.5 acres with over 25 separate cultivated and native garden attractions is now available for sale. This home located at 670 Hot Springs Rd, Santa Barbara, California offers 7 bedrooms and 14 bathrooms. Call Timothy Di Prizito (Phone: 310-266-2777) & Joyce Rey (Phone: 310-285-7529) at Coldwell Banker Realty for more detailed and set a tour schedule of the Estate in Santa Barbara.
The Estate in Santa Barbara Information:
- Location: 670 Hot Springs Rd, Santa Barbara, CA 93108
- Beds: 7
- Baths: 14
- Living: – square feet
- Lot size: 14.41 Acres
- Built: 2017
- Agent | Listed by: Timothy Di Prizito (Phone: 310-266-2777) & Joyce Rey (Phone: 310-285-7529) at Coldwell Banker Realty
- Listed at Zillow and Agent Website
The Estate in Santa Barbara Gallery:
Text by the Agent: Far Afield is one of two significant historic estates remaining in the prime Montecito ”Golden Quadrangle” commanding apx 10.5 acres with over 25 separate cultivated and native garden attractions. In 1916 famed American writer Hobart C. Chatfield-Taylor and wife Rose Farwell, Daughter of US Senator Charlie B. Farwell, purchased the land and named the property Far Afield by name blending, symbolizing the estate as their vacation home ”far away” from their primary home. This Preeminent Mediterranean Villa Estate was designed in 1917 and completed in 1918 by renowned Santa Barbara architect Francis T.
Underhill, outdoing his other masterpieces such as Villa Solana and La Chiquita. Today, after a 15-year exhaustive restoration completed in 2017, Far Afield delivers art and architecture thoughtfully finished with hand-crafted custom details using reclaimed 17th & 18th century building materials curated throughout Europe. Each of the parquet floor patterns were custom built on site with hand-cut French Oak, imported from historic Chateaus. A curated collection of Dutch, Italian and Spanish antique tiles are attentively integrated throughout the estate’s interior and exterior.
The elegance of the villa’s architecture, facade and finishes are enhanced by the estate’s unparalleled and completely updated infrastructure including a structural and mechanical engineering overhaul with added subterranean levels and state-of-the-art systems rivaling modern hotel resorts of today.
Courtesy of Timothy Di Prizito (Phone: 310-266-2777) & Joyce Rey (Phone: 310-285-7529) at Coldwell Banker Realty
* This property might not for sale at the moment you read this post; please check property status at the above Zillow or Agent website links*
More Tour of Estates in Santa Barbara here:
- Recently Completed Architectural Home in Santa Barbara boasts The Pinnacle of Resort Living on The Market for $24,850,000
- This $11,250,000 Newly Renovated Mid Century Modern Home in Santa Barbara offers Incredible Ocean Views
- This $19,995,000 Spanish Colonial Revival Home in Santa Barbara offers Luxe Modern Finishes and Design
- This $15,750,000 Traditional Mediterranean Villa in Santa Barbara with Jaw Dropping Mountain Views
- This $32,000,000 Santa Barbara Villa features the Ultimate in Southern California Oceanfront Living