On The Hill House designed by Narofsky Architecture, located on the Great Neck Peninsula, facing West to views of NYC and the borough bridges. The house constructed on a steel frame supported by helical piles, clad with fiber cement viroc panels, prodema resin panels and an aluminum curtain wall system.
The configuration of the home is a U-shape surrounding a rear courtyard. This shape, along with suspended bedroom sitting pods assures water views to all occupants. While not compromising privacy from homes in proximity North and South of the residence. Also, the rear courtyard creates a private outdoor space out of the view from the neighbors. Also, the clients program required a 2-car garage, which would compromise the already restricted usable space. Hence, solution is putting the garage fundamentally underground within the front setback.
The home’s lowest level used for recreation, exercise, guest suites, openings to decks, an outdoor kitchen, and a pool area which perched on the edge of the upper retaining wall. Besides, the main floor has the formal entry, living room, dining room and two kitchens. One kitchen has a breakfast area pod, opened for maximum views, of which is often used by the family for daily meals. The second kitchen services the dining room for formal meals. The upper level contains the master bedroom suite, and the children’s rooms, two of which are accessed by a bridge that spans across the two-story entry area.
The Architecture Design Project Information:
- Project Name: On The Hill House
- Location: Great Neck, Long Island, New York, United States
- Project Year: 2019
- Area: 2500 ft²
- Designed by: Narofsky Architecture
The On The Hill House Gallery:
Text by the Architects: The site for this waterfront residence is located on the Great Neck Peninsula, facing west to views of NYC and the borough bridges. When purchased, there existed a 50-year-old house and pool structurally condemned which required immediate removal. Once the site was cleared, a year was devoted to stabilizing the seawall and hill to accommodate the newly proposed home.
For more information about this project; please contact the Architecture firm :
– Add: 37-18 Northern Blvd Suite 317, Long Island City, NY 11101, United States
– Tel: 1 212-675-2374
More Tour of Houses in United States here:
- Excellent Design Concept of Villa Greenwich in United States
- Truly Luxury House in the Doheny Estates, Los Angeles
- Remodeled one story house in Nevada with private front courtyard sells for $3,499,000
- Beautifully renovated home in the heart of East Hampton Village hits Market for $3,800,000
- Incredible home in Arizona built by Norton Luxury Homes sells for $6,471,522