Architecture Design of Camps Bay House
Description About The Project
Camps Bay House designed by Malan Vorster Architecture Interior Design is prominent and luxury project. Located in Cape Town of South Africa, this residence responds to the streetscape with two stories. The building set back from the street in order to preserve existing mature trees, also offers spectacular views of sea and Lion’s Head. In addition to this, building mass expressed in simplified robust forms and pure geometric shapes, and vertically arranged in a tripartite stacking diagram.
Also, climatic control and privacy of the house provided with a pivoting adjustable screen on the street side, sliding shutters to regulate Western exposure, and pergolas to provide shade. Building mass is arranged to shelter the internal and external spaces from the South Easter.
Beside offering the sophisticated design of main living spaces, accommodates the guest suite, family bedrooms, TV lounge and covered patio, the house also provides outdoor and indoor living spaces to blend. The elevation above the slope of the site affords sea and Twelve Apostle views. Also, an entertainment terrace with timber pergola is projected into the view. A first-floor hovering cube; two fronts are open to views either side, and two sides predominantly kept solid to afford privacy from neighbors. Also, it is a container for the parent’s zone; bedroom and private lounge with sea views, and study and bathroom dressing suite with views of Lion’s Head.
The Architecture Design Project Information:
- Project Name: Camps Bay House
- Location: Cape Town, South Africa
- Project Year: 2020
- Area: 720 m²
- Designed by: Malan Vorster Architecture Interior Design
The Camps Bay House Gallery:
Text by the Architects: This residence in Camp’s Bay is characterized by a steep slope from street level towards the Atlantic Ocean in the West with solar glare, has a backdrop from Lion’s Head to The Twelve Apostles, exposure to harsh South-Eastern winds.
For more information about this project; please contact the Architecture firm :
– Add: Unit G4 (Gate 1), Victoria Junction, 57 Prestwich St, Green Point, Cape Town, 8005, South Africa
– Tel: +27 21 418 8111
– Email: [email protected]
More Projects in South Africa here:
- Pool Penthouse, Glamorous urban home on slope by Jenny Mills Architects
- OVD 919, Mountainside villa with Spectacular Cape Town views by SAOTA
- Kloof 145 House with Spectacular Ocean and Mountain Views by SAOTA
- Cove 6 Offers Spectacular Views of Sea and Rocky Landscape by SAOTA
- Cove 3 maintains seamless connection with landscape & Ocean by SAOTA