Architecture Design of Jule Pond II House
Description About The Project
Jule Pond II, a contemporary house located in Water Mill, New York, designed in 2021 by BMA Architects, showcases a unique and captivating living experience for a creative and active young family. Stone pavers elegantly wind through a lush courtyard adorned with crepe myrtle and bayberry, lead to the grand double-height glass entryway featuring a striking concrete staircase.
Indeed, the design of this project draws inspiration from a sculpture within the landscape, manifesting two distinct identities. The entrance boasts a dark brise soleil extending over two stories, create a visually cohesive facade that connects the three wings of the sprawling house. These wings were thoughtfully arranged to reduce the overall scale of the building. The rhythmic pattern of the brise soleil gracefully opens and contracts the glazing before extending into the surrounding landscape, effectively breaking free from the house itself. On the rear elevation, the true nature of the house is revealed. A wood volume covered in sun bleached cedar, with the brise soleil acting as a defining feature distinguishing the front from the rear.
Inside the house, the same design motifs reappear, blend seamless transitions between indoors and outdoors. Staircases break free from walls, dark elements harmonize with light ones, and the millwork echoes the rhythm of the exterior brise soleil. The carefully selected finishes carry from the interior to the exterior. Hence, create a spatially rich and detailed living space that exudes expressive style.
The Architecture Design Project Information:
- Project Name: Jule Pond II House
- Location: Water Mill, New York, United States
- Project Year: 2021
- Designed by: BMA Architects
The Jule Pond II House Gallery:
Text by the Architects: Stone pavers meander through a courtyard lush with crepe myrtle and bayberry before arriving at the dramatic double height glass entry to this Jule Pond II, which features a grand concrete staircase. The entry sets the tone for this unique project, where surprises beckon with every turn and design delivers larger than life living for a creative and active young family.
Photo credit: | Source: BMA Architects
For more information about this project; please contact the Architecture firm :
– Add: 2200 Nw 2nd Avenue, Miami, Florida 33127
– Tel: 786.409.4462
– Email: email@example.com
More Projects in United States here:
- Rollingwood Modern House in Austin, Gabled Forms by LaRue Architects
- Exquisite Custom Home on 4 Acres in Long Grove, Illinois Hits the Market at $2.6 Million
- Timeless Charm and Tranquil Privacy: Exquisite Estate in Portland, Oregon Listed at $3.1 Million
- The Ultimate Waterfront Escape: Luxury Home for Sale at $12.9 Million in Naples
- Luxurious and Secluded Estate on 26.2 Acres in Saint Charles, Illinois Listing for $2.99 Million