Architecture Design of Bellgave House
Description About The Project
Bellgave House designed by SAOTA, draws from iconic mid century architecture of Los Angeles. Perched atop the edge of a steep slope over Laurel Canyon Boulevard, the site offers unobstructed panoramic views from downtown Los Angeles to Santa Monica. Indeed, the designer engaged with the modernist precedent set by the Stahl House and other ground breaking Los Angeles Case Study Houses in the design of Bellgave. Also, reprise and advance some of their pioneering innovations that forged the distinctive indoor outdoor lifestyle. That became synonymous with the city itself, and a distinctive, climatically appropriate regional modernism.
In addition to this, the house’s main lounge positioned in a cantilevered glass box at the front of the house. That projects outwards to embrace the view. Besides, a rim – flow pool along the edge of the deck appears to extend beneath it, reinforce the sense that the house is ‘floating’. While fusing the foreground with the distant views of the Pacific Ocean. This spatial order also forms the basis of the interlinking arrangement of spaces throughout the house. Interior and exterior spaces are similarly fused. Elements of the landscape, such as the sculptural olive trees, create focal points, anchor the experience with indoor and outdoor “destinations”. Ranging from al – fresco dining areas and poolside lounge areas to the dining and lounge.
On the other hand, the restrained material finishes throughout the house in general honor the architectural fabric of mid century Los Angeles. Indeed, as a contemporary evolution of some of the traditions associated with California mid century modernism, Bellgave pays homage to its architectural precedents while look forward and advance the possibilities of the pioneer examples of the approach.
The Architecture Design Project Information:
- Project Name: Bellgave House
- Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Project Year: 2021
- Area: 750 m²
- Designed by: SAOTA
- Contractor: OHS Design and Development
- Civil Engineer: LFA (Labib Funk + Associates)
- Structural Engineer: LFA (Labib Funk + Associates)
- Interior Design: Platner and Co.
- Electrical Engineer: Design Build
- Landscaping: Fiore Landscape Design
- Lighting Design: Helius Lighting
- Listing Agents: Williams and Williams & Tyrone McKillen
- Expeditors: Crest Real Estate
- Photographer: Mike Kelley
The Bellgave House Gallery:
Text by the Architects: Bellgave, a private house in Los Angeles, is situated above Laurel Canyon Boulevard on a cul de sac in the Hollywood Hills. With its elevated position at the edge of a steep promontory, the site offers unobstructed panoramic views from downtown Los Angeles to Santa Monica. Its North South orientation aligns with the grid of the city basin below. And the tone for its architectural context is set by mid – century landmarks such as Pierre Koenig’s landmark Stahl House (Case Study House No. 22), which can be glimpsed on a nearby promontory to the West.
For more information about this project; please contact the Architecture firm :
– Add: 109 Hatfield Street, Gardens, Cape Town, 8001
– Tel: +27 (0)21 468 4400
– Email: [email protected]
More Houses in United States here:
- This $4,295,000 Brand New Modern Home in Las Vegas has An Open Floor Plan with Large Common Areas
- Superbly crafted custom Masterpiece in Arizona hits Market for $6,175,000
- Elegant and Spacious Home in Tennessee Hits Market for $5,600,000
- Five Peaks Lookout, a Warm Modern Home by Scott Edwards Architecture
- Artful Masterpiece in Scottsdale by Salcito Custom Homes sells for $24,220,000