Architecture Design of Buried House
Description About The Project
Buried House designed by Kallos Turin, is one of the several seasonal vacation homes Kallos Turin designed on the Villalagos Estate on the coast of Uruguay near Punta del Este. The aim was to keep the design simple and consistent, using local materials and carefully place the home to blend in with the natural landscape rather than standing out as a conventional structure.
Indeed, this house achieves a balance between indoor and outdoor living by being carved into the landscape, utilizing a monolithic use of materials, flat roofs, and large panes of frameless glass. The villa’s roof seamlessly integrated into the land, appearing like an extension of the surrounding grasses.
In addition to concrete stepping stones connecting the home to a large outdoor patio with a fire pit, the firm collaborated with a landscape designer to create a native prairie landscape that contrasts with the modern and austere design of the patio. Overall, Buried House exemplifies the firm’s philosophy of harmonizing design with nature and utilizing local materials to achieve an abstraction of form.
The Architecture Design Project Information:
- Project Name: Buried House
- Location: Punta del Este, Uruguay
- Project Year: 2019
- Area: 345 m²
- Designed by: Kallos Turin
The Buried House Gallery:
Text by the Architects: Buried House is one of the several seasonal vacation homes Kallos Turin designed on the Villalagos Estate on the coast of Uruguay near Punta del Este. The firm approached the design of Buried House with the idea. That the home should be simple in its mass and detail, consistent in its use of material. Also, carefully placed on the land to preserve the site’s integrity. And avoid the impression of a conventional house dropped into an otherwise pristine hillside.
Photo credit: Juan Hitters | Source: Kallos Turin
For more information about this project; please contact the Architecture firm :
– Add: 37 Pottery Lane London W11 4LY United Kingdom T +44 207 229 5840
– Tel: +1 415 447 0488
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More Projects here:
- Stunning Estate with Deeded Beach Access Listed at $26.7 Million in Naples, Florida
- Woodland House brings the nature beauty by ALTUS Architecture + Design
- On The Hill House, U-Shaped House Facing NYC by Narofsky Architecture
- Incredible home in Arizona built by Norton Luxury Homes sells for $6,471,522
- Emerald Modern Home Concept in Laguna Beach by David Hiller Studio