Architecture Design of Vahadivan House
Description About The Project
Vahadivan House designed by Design Work Group for the clients whose roots are from Saurashtra. The brief was a weekend abode that reflected their interest in spending quality time together with family and friends. Whilst integrating the natural environment. Indeed, named Vahadivan, where VAHDI means ‘stay for a week’ and VAN mean ‘forest’, led to the expression of joy and happiness when stated. “At first, this farmhouse meant to be used on weekdays only. But it’s been so fruitfully shaped that it might become our permanent house in future”, expressed by the clients.
The 10,400 sq. mt area of plot conceives a 2,420 sq. mt area of built-up, dedicates most of the portion to greens. The house layout references the lifestyle and culture of Saurashtra. The veranda at the center facing the East side connects two main sections flanking a semi – open space, features private and semi – private spaces opposite each other. One section contains the informal living, dining area, and kitchen – an open plan.
Moreover, the landscape surrounding the built – up designed to take a pause and celebrate life by enhancing the experience with every sense using different textures, colors, and thoughtful site planning. The architects’ aim of incorporating nature into the design also reflected in projects material choices, create a palette of experiences. Besides, IPS and golden kotah stone flooring with the kotah stone chip texture on the exterior walls creates a sense of simplicity. Even the furniture made from reclaimed wooden on-site.
The Architecture Design Project Information:
- Project Name: Vahadivan House
- Location: Surat, India
- Project Year: 2020
- Area: 2420 m²
- Designed by: Design Work Group
The Vahadivan House Gallery:
Text by the Architects: What is more beautiful than to be waking up by the sounds of birds, to be able to inhale the fresh earthy scent and witness the rising sun? Located approximately 10kms away from the city of Surat, this farmhouse Vahadivan House is a home to not just its occupants, but also a peaceful place for various flora and fauna to grow.
For more information about this project; please contact the Architecture firm :
– Add: 1,2,3 Ground floor, Sai Villa Bunglow, New City Light Rd, in-front of Sudharm Bhavan, near St Thomas School, New City Light, Althan, Surat, Gujarat 395007, India
– Tel: +91 90999 40666
– Email: [email protected]
More Projects in India here:
- The Gully Home in India with beautiful view of sea by ED+ Architecture
- The Civil Engineer House, Elegant Home in India by LID Architecture
- Govardhan Villa in India by Amruta Daulatabadkar Architects adaa
- Raintree House, a climate responsive Chennai home by Khosla Associates
- RB 182 House by in India Minimalist Architecture & Design Studio