Architecture Design of Private House
Description About The Project
Private house by Malan Vorster Architecture Interior Design, located in in the center of the City Bowl’s curvature between Devil’s Peak and Signal Hill and offers stunning views of the city and the surrounding metropolitan area. Indeed, the house defined by its relationship to the landscape. In some instances, it reveals glimpses of the natural setting. While in others blurring the definition of interior and exterior spaces by opening up the interior spaces completely to the surroundings.
On the other hand, some of the challenges presented by the site were negotiating the slanted terrain leading from the lower cable car slopes into Table Mountain National Park with a coherent spatial flow and mediating environmental factors. While maximizing and framing the panoramic views of the city, bay and mountains beyond.
In addition to this, the massing of this three level building takes clues from the mountain slope. The base of the building (in natural stone and gabion walls) is seen as an extension of the rocky outcrops on the slopes. And is housing service areas, garaging, a staff apartment and a guest apartment. Besides, the base and stone walls terraced and elevate the natural slope to form a new landscape for the main house to occupy. The living areas are articulated as glazed “negative space” atop the stone base. But sheltered below the cantilevering and heavier volume of bedrooms above. This arrangement ensures a continuous visual and spatial connection from Table Mountain to Table Bay.
The Architecture Design Project Information:
- Project Name: Private House
- Location: Cape Town, South Africa
- Project Year: 2019
- Area: 675 m²
- Designed by: Malan Vorster Architecture Interior Design
The Private House Gallery:
Text by the Architects: This home embraces the beautiful natural landscape provided by the slopes of Table Mountain, Lion’s Head and Signal Hill. Situated in the center of the City Bowl’s curvature between Devil’s Peak and Signal Hill, the building’s site offers expansive views of the city and the surrounding metropolitan area.
For more information about this project; please contact the Architecture firm :
– Add: Victoria Junction, Unit G4 (Gate 1, 57 Prestwich St, Green Point, Cape Town, 8005, South Africa
– Tel: +27 21 418 8111
– Email: [email protected]
More Projects in South Africa here:
- Pool Penthouse, Glamorous urban home on slope by Jenny Mills Architects
- OVD 919, Mountainside villa with Spectacular Cape Town views by SAOTA
- Kloof 145 House with Spectacular Ocean and Mountain Views by SAOTA
- Cove 6 Offers Spectacular Views of Sea and Rocky Landscape by SAOTA
- Cove 3 maintains seamless connection with landscape & Ocean by SAOTA